Morningside/Lenox Park is a residential neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia founded in 1931. It is located north of Virginia-Highland, east of Ansley Park and west of Druid Hills.
The area that became Atlanta was once home to the Creek Indians, following the Indian Removal Act, in 1832 the Creek National Council signed the Treaty of Cusseta, ceding their remaining lands east of the Mississippi to the U.S., and accepting relocation to the Indian Territory. Most of Atlanta’s first settlers were from Northeast Georgia, though others came from the Carolinas and Virginia. The growing neighborhood acquired a school when Morningside Elementary opened in 1929. Originally, the school had six classrooms on the lower floor of the western side of the current building. Development of Noble Park, Johnson Estates, and Hylan Park began in 1930. In 1934, the Morningside Civic League beautified the neighborhood by planting crepe myrtles and dogwoods.
The neighborhood is served by the following Atlanta Public Schools campuses:
- Morningside Elementary School
- Inman Middle School
- Henry W. Grady High School