Dunwoody is a city located in DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. It is a northern suburb of Atlanta. Dunwoody lies at the northern tip of DeKalb County, bounded by the Fulton County line on the north and west, Interstate 285 on the south, Peachtree Industrial Boulevard on the southeast, and the Gwinnett County line on the northeast.
Districts & neighborhoods:
- Dunwoody Village: is the historic heart of the community, and the location of the iconic Dunwoody Farmhouse.
- Perimeter Center: is the major edge city and neighborhood that has formed around Perimeter Mall. It is one of Metro Atlanta’s largest job centers, employing hundreds of thousands of people each day.
- Georgetown: one of the most walkable areas of the city, contains both single-family residential subdivisions and its own retail district.
- Williamsburg: The Williamsburg commercial district is located on the eastern edge of Dunwoody.
- Winters Chapel: a prime location for light commercial and retail redevelopment opportunities due to good demographics and traffic counts.
- Tilly Mill: Landmarks in the area include the Dunwoody campus of Georgia Perimeter College and Dunwoody’s signature park, Brook Run. Brook Run, on North Peachtree Road near its intersection with Tilly Mill Road, boasts many wooded walking trails, a children’s play area, a dog park, a Veterans Memorial, and a community garden
The DeKalb County School System operates local public schools. DeKalb County Public Library operates the Dunwoody Branch.