Brookhaven is a city soon to be incorporated in western DeKalb County, Georgia, United States, directly northeast of Atlanta.
Neighborhoods and districts include:
- Historic Brookhaven, historic residential neighborhood. It has homes surrounding the Capital City Country Club; Brookhaven Village, a village-like town center home to a unique array of commercial establishments, loft-style and urban residential options, and offices;
- Lynwood Park, historically an African-American neighborhood of wood and cinderblock homes. The community is home to a large park, DeKalb County’s Lynwood Park, which features basketball courts, tennis courts, a swimming pool, a recreation center, a playground and picnic area;
- Peachtree Road, Brookhaven’s commercial developments are situated here. In addition to major commercial tenants, there are more than 1500 residential units and 150,000 square feet of office space;
- North Atlanta, home to many residential subdivisions, including Cambridge Park, Hampton Hall, Brittany, Murphey Candler Park, Byrnwyck, and Silver Lake Estates;
- Buford Highway, haracterized by apartment complex with a large Hispanic residential population. Buford Highway itself is famous throughout metro Atlanta for its ethnic restaurants and businesses catering to a variety of ethnic groups and;
- Lenox Park, a former country club re-purposed for residential and office space.
Colleges and universities in Brookhaven include Oglethorpe University as well Georgia State University’s Brookhaven satellite campus for the Robinson College of Business MBA program. Both are located on Peachtree Road. DeKalb County School System operates the public schools serving Brookhaven.